Canon printers are well-known for their reliability and technology. However, sometimes users experience issues that are just too difficult to fix. They are advised to factory reset their devices to fix these issues. Many users view this issue as part of the problem and worry about factory resets.
The factory reset is an effective and quick way to get your device working well. This will allow your device to work more efficiently, and fix any major issues. This article will explain how to fix any issues you may have such as how to reset canon printer.
Different Ways To Reset A Pixma Canon Printer:
Here’s how to reset Canon printer if you like its factory reset process.
How to Factory Reset Canon Pixma
The factory reset button can be found on the top right of your Pixma printer. After pressing it, the device will display all information and settings regarding the factory reset. You will also need to connect your device to the internet. Then, follow the steps below to reset the Canon Pixma printer.
- To access the factory reset feature on your Pixma device simply turn it on and hit the Menu button.
- Use the directional arrows to move to the Setup menu under Device Settings.
- Select Ok, then choose the Reset settings option.
- Next, click the Ok icon to restart the process.
How to Reset Ink Cartridge:
The printer will guide you through the process of aligning the ink cartridge before you can move on to the next printing session. It is important that you follow the prompts on the screen for alignment before printing anything from your device. Refilled ink cartridges may cause the device to reset but there are still ways to factory reset your Canon printer ink cartridge problem. Here’s how.
- The ink cartridge reset process for Pixma MP/MX/MG printers would be as per BCH Technology. If your printer is from another Pixma series, you will need to follow the instructions that came with the refills or the kits.
- It is also recommended that you purchase genuine and original ink cartridges from the manufacturer or authorized dealer in order to avoid any ink cartridge reset issues.
Steps to Reset Ink On Canon Pixma:
Canon Pixma’s ink reset procedure is quick and easy. This will prevent your device from going down unexpectedly. You can reset your Canon printer ink using the steps below.
- First, turn off the power. Next, press and hold the power button.
- Release the stop button, but don’t let go of the power button. Press the Stop button again.
- Keep waiting for the printer to show O.
- The next step is to press the Stop button a minimum of four times, before pushing the power button twice.
- To turn off your printer, press the Power button.
- Next, remove the power cables and reorganize cartridges.
- Once the ink cartridge doors are opened, hold the power button while you pull them up. Then reconnect all power cables.
- Close the cartridge door, then stop pressing and holding the power key.
You should therefore use the above steps to resolve the ink cartridge reset problem on your Canon Pixma device.
For any further assistance regarding factory reset: Canon Pixma, contact Tech-Support
If the problem persists and you are unsure how to reset canon printer factory settings, it is highly recommended to contact a professional. Printer Tech Support Assistants. They will be able to help you reset your device or fix any other issues using their industry-specific expertise and the latest tools. You can also consult them if your Canon Pixma device is experiencing any other issues than the factory reset.