Coffee is one of the most popular drinks globally, but it can also be used for cooking and creating tasty dishes. You may use various coffee recipes to surprise your friends or loved ones
Here are a few examples of recipes that will surprise you:
Meat with Coffee
Have you ever thought about making meat with coffee? They form an ideal combination that makes food much more delicious than using regular spices when ground together. Try out this recipe:
1. Mix half a cup of finely ground coffee and two tablespoons of cocoa powder (hot chocolate works too).
2. Mix well until smooth, then add some salt if desired.
3. Mix three pounds of minced beef with one pound pork shoulder.
4. Cut six cloves of garlic into tiny pieces and add one cup of finely chopped onions.
5. Add the cocoa-coffee mixture and mix well, trying not to break up pieces too much as you fry.
6. Add a teaspoon of ground black pepper (or mixed peppers) and some more salt if desired.
7. Separate the meat into balls or patties for cooking on skewers or in oven pans.
8. Simmer them over an open fire until they are browned all-around.
9. Brush with a sauce of your choice while grilling, but serve without it so that everyone can enjoy their taste at its best.
Coffee Ice Cream
This is another delicious recipe that will amaze your friends because it’s a little unusual. To prepare coffee ice cream, you’ll need two cups of heavy whipping cream, three tablespoons of granulated sugar, two tablespoons of instant coffee powder, and one tablespoon vanilla extract. Whisk all ingredients until they are well blended, then transfer the mixture into a freezer container that can hold at least four cups. Cover with lid (but remember to leave a little space for expansion) and freeze overnight or up to 24 hours before serving. When you use an ice cream maker to freeze your dessert, it will be ready in about 20-30 minutes!
Coffee with Fruits
Try this recipe:
- Mix eight ounces of sour cream, half cup brown sugar, three teaspoons of cinnamon, plus six pitted dates chopped very small. Mix thoroughly until smooth, then add three peeled apples cut into smaller pieces as desired. Also, add one teaspoon of lemon juice per apple piece. Stir well to coat the apple pieces, then place them in a baking dish.
- Mix two teaspoons of instant coffee powder and one cup of hot water until dissolved; pour into the pan with apples (there won’t be enough liquid for all of it).
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for fifteen minutes or until tender but not mushy – serve warm!
Please don’t limit yourself when it comes to coffee recipes! You can even enjoy this rich and creamy drink in iced form during hot summer days. To make an iced coffee at home, brew two heaping tablespoons of ground beans for every cup you want to prepare. Then pour over ice cubes and milk/cream before serving with sweetener.
This deliciously moist recipe is made with Kona coffee, creating a super flavorful cake that you’ll want to keep eating! Try this recipe:
1. Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease two eight-inch round cake pans.
2. Mix half cup unsalted butter plus three ounces melted bitter chocolate until smooth.
3. Add two tablespoons of strong coffee (cooled) and mix again.
4. Separately whisk four egg yolks with one cup of sugar until thick.
5. Add two teaspoons vanilla extract, followed by a half teaspoon salt plus one-fourth teaspoon baking soda dissolved in three tablespoons sour cream or buttermilk.
6. Fold the dry ingredients into this mixture, alternating with milk/coffee liquid while stirring constantly. If you don’t stir slowly enough, your cake might be flat!
Expresso Coffee Popsicles
Dissolve about five tablespoons of instant espresso powder in hot water and set aside. Heat on stovetop eight ounces of heavy whipping cream along with eight ounces chopped semisweet chocolate until smooth. Remove from stove and stir in the coffee until well combined. Allow to cool, then pour into two popsicle molds placed on a cookie sheet (or you can use paper cups instead). Put them in the freezer for six hours or overnight.
Coffee is used in many recipes. Why? Because its strong flavor complements everything from savory beef dishes to sweet desserts. Whether you’re hosting brunch or looking for simple weeknight dinners, these six surprising uses for coffee will please everyone’s palate.