Cypress’s popularity has increased significantly, and several good reasons exist.
- Cypress is easy to set up. You can download it via their content delivery network (CDN).
- Cypress has a vibrant online community in which engineers may learn about new tools and find answers to unaddressed topics in the company’s voluminous documentation.
- You can run detailed end-to-end tests on Cypress’s specialized test runner. The command log details the time it takes to execute the tests, the browsers that were available locally, and whether or not you skipped any tests. Another effective Test Runner feature is the ability to revert the program to a prior state. For testing purposes, this is a huge help. The Selector Playground also facilitates UI testing by allowing engineers to create custom element selectors. Last but not least, the command log’s error messages of the Test Runner can shed more light on the specifics of the problem.
Puppeteer is a Node library that you can use to automate your tests. It has grown in popularity over time. A growing number of people are using it due to these benefits:
- You can Install Puppeteer using npm in your project, and you’ll be ready to begin automating in no time.
- Since it is a new framework for automating tests, any help from the developer community is greatly appreciated. Luckily for developers, Puppeteer has a fantastic community where you can find a wealth of resources.
- Fortunately for programmers, Puppeteer has a fantastic community where you may find a wealth of helpful resources.
- Puppeteer’s many advantages for Google Chrome stem from the fact that Google created it. Puppeteer’s API is hierarchical and reflects the structure of the browser, and its high level makes it possible to control Chrome via the DevTools Protocol. The timeline trace in Puppeteer is a handy tool for isolating the source of performance issues.
- As may be expected in an open-source framework, the Playwright community is a great resource for help. You can find quick links to their preferred forms of communication on their Twitter, Slack, official page, and StackOverflow to connect with the Playwright team.
- Playwright’s ability to perform tests in several browsers is a significant plus. It supports Firefox, Chrome, WebKit-based browsers, and more. Playwright, however, does not work with Internet Explorer.
WebdriverIO is another widely-used test automation framework. This framework has various advantages; these are some you can note:
- WebdriverIO is simple to install, much like Cypress. Enter some instructions into your terminal, and you’ll be ready to automate tasks.
- WebdriverIO has a large community because it is an open-source project. Engineers are welcome to join as collaborators and get assistance if necessary.
- Cross-browser testing is possible using WebdriverIO, which is helpful if your testing requirements necessitate simulating a wide variety of browsers. When designing a wide variety of apps, WebdriverIO’s ability to automate web apps and native and hybrid desktop and mobile apps is a massive advantage.
- Establishing a functioning TestCafe environment is a breeze.
- TestCafe’s website features several helpful articles produced internally and by their large community. This fact implies that any TestCafe user can provide and receive practical advice and feedback. TestCafe also offers books and courses to help engineers learn more about the framework.
- TestCafe’s compatibility with popular desktop browsers, including Chrome, Edge, Safari, and Internet Explorer, is a significant strength. However, this framework offers only little support for mobile browsers.
When deciding on automated testing frameworks, it’s essential to consider factors like the application type under test, configuration support, community support, and more. Considering the drawbacks and benefits of the frameworks you’re contemplating is beneficial. Many considerations determine which test automation system is best for any given project. HeadSpin’s test automation platform helps its users meet various product and project requirements. Reach out!