Lab Use Materials such as vinyl, epoxy resins, sealed concrete, and Granite countertops and flooring are Durable, Chemical resistant, and Bactericidal. Laboratory premises are always at risk of interacting with chemicals. So, it is a must to know the basic concentrations of chemicals which interact with lab floors. Moreover, there is a potential hazard of spills and splashes. Make sure to clean them quickly.
So, floor finishes vary greatly, and also the resistance to certain chemicals. Thus, controlling the environment of the lab is crucial. To ensure both the success and safety of the facility and procedure.
Moreover, the appropriate lab design must have proper floors, backsplash, and counters. Like, vinyl, concrete, and granite countertops and floors. So, always prefer slip, abrasion, chemical resistance to antimicrobial, and bacteriostatic properties.
They must be considered as part of lab design and efficacy. Here are some suitable materials used for laboratory projects. Let’s check them out.
List Of Content:
- Epoxy Resin
- Where To Buy Granite Countertops For Laboratory?
Vinyl flooring is significantly very durable and gives an aesthetic finish too. So, it also suits the laboratory infrastructure too. Moreover, the foot traffic is not extensive. Which makes the rolling traffic and heavy machinery movement smoothly.
Thus, the samples and chemicals also need smooth and hustle free transport. In addition, vinyl flooring because of its tough and hard-wearing properties.
As makes it so suitable for heavy traffic load labs. It is also very sound-absorbing. And super comforting underfoot compared to hard floor materials.
- It is also easy to clean and maintain.
- Sound-absorbing properties.
- Replacement or repairing of the vinyl tiles and planks is very easy.
- It is the least cost-effective than other materials available.
- Moreover, it is also non-biodegradable.
- Cause non-ecological wastes.
- Make sure to check for the green building standards of your laboratory.
Epoxy resins floorings provide durable, protection, and flexibility in walking in the lab. Moreover, it also provides a strong ability to withhold heavy objects. Without causing any damage.
In addition, epoxy resins are considered the most hygienic materials used for labs. Cleaning the countertops and floors is done the same way as the kitchen and bathroom. Thus, you can simply wipe off the spills and splashes.
To avoid them from settling under the surface. This makes the epoxy resins resistant to chemicals and other contagious elements.
- Epoxy resins are known as the most famous material used in labs.
- It is a combo of materials mixed to form a chemically hard plastic-like core.
- Epoxy resins can hold heavyweight and elements.
- It also protects from crackings and brittleness.
- Highly resistant to chemicals and harmful substances.
- The application and formation of epoxy onto resins can take time.
- Must be free of cracks, grease, oil before the epoxy coating.
- Multiple cleaning steps before applying the epoxy.
- So, multiple epoxy coatings actually take a long time to dry.
- Epoxy resin flooring is a time-consuming process.
Concrete flooring provides your lab with versatile, highly durable, easy care and maintenance. So, this made concrete the choicest option for lab floors. Thus, with appropriate flooring seal concrete can last for decades. Which will not let any spills or contaminants escape. Thus, you can easily swipe and clean the concrete flooring. By swiping the dirt and spills.
- The most cheaper option for lab flooring
- Highly durable and versatile in nature
- Easy cleaning and maintenance
- The risk of getting injured or damaged.
- It is quite slippery when wet. So, slip hazard is there.
- It is a little insulating in nature which makes it cold in the winter seasons.
- Broken surface seal of the floor can lead to mold and mildew attacks.
Granite can be widely used in labs as Granite Countertops and workbenches. So, granite is also considered one durable, tough, chemical resistant natural stone. Moreover, the honed finishes of granite are highly slip-resistant. However, granite needs to be sealed well to keep them away from staining. And mold of mildew attacks. So, here are some pros and cons of using granite in labs.
- Highly durable, tough, and resilient material.
- Quite a budget-friendly option.
- Comes in a variety of colors, finishes, and sizes.
- Highly stain and chemical resistant.
- Completely natural stone.
- Highly heat-proof.
- Needs regular cleaning and maintenance.
- Proper sealing very often.
- Can retain stains and mold when the seal is broken.
- Insulating in nature.
Where To Buy Granite Countertops For Laboratory?
If you’re on a hunt to buy highly affordable and durable countertops and flooring material for your lab. Moreover, it is definitely a financially stressful step. But you need to worry anymore. Badger Granite not only brings you top-quality, durable, affordable, and sturdy-looking granite countertops for your lab design. So, hurry up, don’t miss this exciting chance to get the best in less money.
In conclusion, after reading the above article you surely have an idea. That stuff suits your choices and lab environment perfectly. Moreover, there are multiple materials. But not everyone suits the lab premises.
So, choose the one wisely. Which have the following chemical resistant, bactericidal, affordable, durable, and oil and grease resistant features. Material like vinyl, epoxy resins, sealed concrete, and granite countertops, and flooring are perfect.