A very common misconception that everybody has is that taking care of the skin automatically takes care of the hair too. People think like this because they argue that the hair, being rooted on the skin only, will effortlessly take its nutrients from the skin only. But this is far from the truth. Just like your skin, your hair also needs special care and that too on a daily basis. That’s why experts recommend a daily hair care routine to preserve its shine and natural bounce. In this blog, we have carefully curated for you invaluable hair care routines that you absolutely must not do without.
Rice water is not new to strengthen and embellish hair. It traces back to the old Heian era when courtyards in Japan were renowned to have lovely, long hair that flowed on the floor. Its secret was the rice water for hair.
Daily Hair Care Routines to Follow at Home for All Hair Types
1) Pre-Shampoo Routine—Natural Oil Massage
The first and foremost requirement for healthy hair upkeep is a natural oil massage. Many people think that oiling might lead to hair greasiness, but this is not true. Oiling maintains blood circulation in the scalp and strengthens the hair follicles. Also, regular oiling prevents scalp dryness, dandruff and itching by preserving the hair’s natural shine by stimulating sebum production.
The type of oil you use for massage and its duration may vary depending upon your hair texture and quality;
- If you have oily hair, you can reduce the duration of massage. Just use any non-greasy hair care oil and leave it for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, wash your hair with an organic shampoo. This way, your hair won’t look greasy, and also get essential nutrients.
- If you have dry hair, you can keep the oil overnight to condition your dry scalp naturally. Regular oil massage conditions your scalp and makes your hair strands glossy by enhancing sebum production.
Indus Valley’s Bio-Organic Argan Hair Care Oil Serum is favoured by internet users to be an excellent option that suits all hair types. Enriched with the goodness of organic Argan from Morocco and other botanical herbs, it is carefully crafted both as an oil as well as a serum. On regular usage it naturally conditions hair making them look shiny, frizz-free and bouncy without making them look greasy or oily.
2) Use a Chemical-Free Shampoo
After the pre-shampoo routine, washing your hair regularly with SLS or Paraben-free shampoo is necessary to remove excess sebum buildup and impurities from hair. While washing your hair, take care of the following:
- Do not wash your hair with hot water, as it can damage your hair’s natural shine and make them look dull and rough.
- Always use natural and SLS-free shampoos to wash your hair because sulphates are harmful for the scalp and hair follicles. It is generally used in shampoos to form lather but can severely cause scalp itching, dandruff, split ends and hair loss.
- If you have chemically-treated or coloured hair, use the specific shampoo suggested by hair care experts to protect your hair from further damage and discolouration.
- If you have oily hair, you have to wash your hair more frequently to avoid sebum buildup. If you have dry hair, you can wash your hair twice a week for gentle cleaning.
3) Use an Organic Hair Spa Mask for Conditioning
Just like shampoos, a suitable hair mask or conditioner is necessary to bolster the natural protective layer on hair after wash. While shampoos remove greasiness, dirt and impurities from hair, a hair spa mask or conditioner untangles hair and restores natural lustre and moisture.
- Ensure the spa or conditioner you choose must have essential nutrients to condition your hair strands and enhance their natural shine. Based on reviews and health expert recommendations, Indus Valley’s Hair Ultima Spa contains natural hair nourishing oils and herbs like basil, neem, coconut oil, methi seeds, etc.
- Apply the hair spa after shampoo over your entire hair length except over your scalp and roots for a smooth and glossy finish.
These daily hair care routines can also protect your chemically-treated hair from further damage.
Do you have any special queries on hair care routines? Share with us as your comments below.